Meaningful teacher evaluation starts with visible student growth.
Annual standardized test scores cannot provide evidence of student growth needed to evaluate teacher performance. But consider student growth in the form of evidence derived from classroom assessment and you’re on to something. This revolutionary book helps you bring classroom assessment to bear for real school improvement, with:
– A plan for teacher evaluation based on dependable evidence of student growth
– Strategies for improving the assessment literacy of teachers and school leaders
– Five steps for developing and implementing productive local district assessment systems
– Practical tools that teachers and their evaluators can put to use immediately
"Developing a fair, practical, and effective teacher evaluation system is like climbing a high mountain: it’s impossible until someone finds a route. That’s what Rick does in this book. He identifies the immense challenges associated with using evidence on student learning as the principal criteria in teacher evaluation and then offers practical guidance for overcoming those challenges. He hasn’t made the climb easy, but he shows us the way."
– Thomas R. Guskey, Professor of Educational Psychology